Thursday, May 14, 2015

Gatorade vs. Plain Old Water

As an athlete, most of the professionals drink Gatorade products or other high amounts of sugary drinks with electrolytes to help them recover from a workout. I prefer the nice refreshing taste of water. Since our body is made up of mostly water, why would we put more sugar into our bodies that is bad for our body? Are Gatorade products really working and making our bodies have more energy to do more or does it just give us a spurt of energy and make us burn out from too much sugar? Water helps with dehydration the best and is the best drink to have while playing any sport. Even though Gatorade products might have all of the substances it says it has, it rots the teeth of athletes and again HURTS OUR BODIES. Maybe we all need to think before we drink and water is the best solution for having a great game and feeling relaxed and hydrated right after. I think that Gatorade might be the game fuel for athletes, but water is the game fuel for champions in my opinion. Now we could have a little bit of Gatorade, but we should drink mostly water so our body can process and work its muscles to its fullest potential. Would you viewers drink Gatorade or water? Is it just for the crisp taste and satisfaction or is it to help your body work? Comment down below and remember to Stay Frosty My Friends and I'll be back shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I also don't like to drink Gatorade or Powerade when I'm playing sports. It's almost like eating a bunch of candy when I'm trying to play the game. Personally I prefer water, or Vitamin Water as they just taste refreshing and aren't over loaded with sugars and just taste "right". Personally I think of Gatorade as somewhat a "soft drink" as I usually only drink it when I'm watching games in the stands or at home just chilling. I just think people get lured in by Gatorade's advertisements and marketing and overlook the staple that water is.

    ReplyDelete